Saturday, April 16, 2011

Grungy Monday 3 - True Colors


This week, Linda at Studio L3 is having us get our color wash on!! I only own 1 flavor in this yummy lineup (for now?) and it's the sailboat blue. Don't know what to do with these? Have no fear, T!m shows you a few clever ideas here. I'm also submitting this for the Color Throwdown #137 challenge to use teal, summer sun and celery.


I'm making all my submissions 8x8 size so that I can put all of them in an album easily. I've used a variety of mediums on my mini canvases; color wash (teal/sailboat blue), glimmer mist (pearl), claudine hellmuth paint (purple palette) and metal craft paint (celery/bright green). I've sewn them onto a piece of yellow from Club Scrap's Science kit and then mounted that onto the purple from the same kit. The stamps are all from the Raku kit.
Continuing with the song/music theme, I've used True Colors by Cyndi Lauper. I've also chose to feature my wonderful Sister; my best friend in the world! Her birthday is Tuesday and I wanted to celebrate that! Love you so very much sissy.
I see your true colors shining through

I see your true colors, and that's why I love you

So don't be afraid to let them show your true colors

True colors are beautiful, like a rainbow.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great, colorful piece! I love those stamps. And I love the colorful shot of your sister...a great birthday tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this tribute. I love that photo of me with my wings. :) The colorful piece makes me happy. So proud you feel about me this way. Love you, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece to honor your special sister.
    I love how you've sewn the pieces on... I cannot sew. The colors are so great and really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant way to use the Color Wash, Chrissie! I love the mini canvases-- it's fun to see the different effects you get using different products!-- and the photo is FABULOUS! This is perfect for "True Colors." I think Cyndi would approve wholeheartedly!

    ReplyDelete