Saturday, May 7, 2011

Squirrely Challenge - Pinwheels


I am a big fan of all things patriotic and when I found this card online, i knew i wanted to copy it and use it for my Squirrely challenge and a sketch challenge over at Club Scrap . The maker of this inspirational card is a a military wife and makes the most beautiful cards for OWH which I've been meaning to do for the longest time. Hopefully this will kickstart me on that journey.

Shimmery blue - Solstice
Shimmery red - Ornamental
Black (base) – Expressions
Plaid – unknown (not club scrap
Center of flower and stem cut with Silhouette

My 2nd pinwheel is another shameless copy of anothers art! This card by a fellow Club Scrapper, Diana (thank you for the inspiration!!). When I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for my Mom who has an entire bathroom decorated with this happy little Kokopelli dude.

All paper and the ribbon is from Club Scrap’s Adobe kit. I even traced the Kokopelli from the kit in my Silhouette software and cut him out. He’s inked with vintage photo distress ink and then given a shine by Copper Memories Mist.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know which one of these I like better I will have to shamelessly copy you now. On both. The patriotic flower pinwheel is fabby. Does the shape of each section end up being a squarish teardrop? Love it.

    And kokopelli is fantastic. Even though you copied, it has a totally different look. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my excitement over the card, I totally forgot to mention your gorgeous header! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you are just too good! The first card is brilliant and the second card you are just showing off! LOL! Love both your's and Diana's cards! Adobe is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That patriotic card is really just the best! I am totally going to copy so I'll have some for the 4th and to send to OWH ;-) The adobe one is great too - Diana will be flattered and you put your own spin on it.

    I'll try to watch the Derby today...

    ReplyDelete