Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Card inspired by T!m!

I’m still trying to figure out how I am going to play along with Tim’s 12 Tags of Christmas. I don’t like to do tags (they serve no purpose and I have trouble with art that has no purpose, lol), so I’m working on creative solutions to apply the techniques.

Here is a card that came out of one of my attempts at Day 1 (using the embossing folder/heat embossing technique). It uses browns from Club Scrap kits Autumn Splendor and All That Jazz. Also, the starry starry night sizzix embossing folder and perfect pearls powder in perfect gold over Club Scrap stars stamps from Sparkle (I think) and Christmas 2006 unmounted set (too bad you can’t really see the shine in the photo). The words and nativity are Silhouette cuts that I inked with Brushed Corduroy DI and then sprayed w/perfect pearl water mixture in same gold powder.

I don’t do many religious cards, but I do have some recipients on my list that might appreciate something like this. Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

  1. this turned out really great - love the diecutting. I can imagine the sparkly effect from the pearl water.

    ReplyDelete