Friday, November 2, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop - Day 2

As my dear friend Farley said...this card is complicated, any way you look at it :). So many things went wrong that i'm not going to bore you with the details. Anyway, the idea is that this ornament shape should be a window to the inside of the card. Mine is not. I just raised the panel on foam dots. Also, the snowflake is supposed to "float" over the opening but you can't really tell that it does on mine. COMPLICATED...probably won't make more of these, but that's the wonderful thing about this class. You can try new things and decide where your strengths and favorites are...this one won't go on either of those lists.


I haven't gotten around the the 2nd card for Day 2 yet...sit tight, i'll get er done.

4 comments:

  1. It might not be complicated, but it is lovely! And an easier way to go for making lots! I really like the blue/brown color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is lovely. And you are so right...it is a complicated card to create. But I love what you said about finding your strengths and favorites are. We can make them all and decide which ones stay in our arsenal. This is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your card. Pretty colors and I like the border you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame on me for being so tardy in commenting. I LOVE this card and it's colors and your spin on it.

    ReplyDelete