Monday, November 5, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop - Day 3

Trying to keep up with this card class, but i'm losing the battle so my descriptions/posts will be brief :).

Embossing with Scoring board: Really like this technique...simple but turns ordinary paper into something special. Ornament stamp is Hero Arts cling stamp i think. Sentiment might be Club Scrap...not sure. Colored the ornaments with colored pencils and then applied glossy accents over them for some shine.


Faux Fresco: Not sure i understand this technique and I'm not delighted with the way i executed it, but at least now i know that i don't really want to try it again :). Not sure where the leaf paper came from. The copper is from Club Scrap and i used a really old leaf punch from my stash..


3 comments:

  1. you crack me up - at least you learned what you like and don't like! That plaid technique is pretty cool huh? Love your ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know I would love the purple one. The plaid is tres cool and I love those ornaments.

    I wouldn't worry about the fresco look. I like the result you got. As Nancy said, we learn what we do and do not like. A lesson learned every day. So glad you were able to participate over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well in spite of not understanding the faux technique (neither did I) it still came out terrific. Your ornament one is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete