Monday, March 17, 2014

Celebrating St Patrick's Day with an MFT card sketch

I liked the simplicity of card sketch #167 at My Favorite Things blog this week, so I used it to make several St Patrick's Day Cards (which hopefully are arriving in mailboxes today).

I'm trying to use up the many card bases I have from Club Scrap's Greetings to Go kits, so I looked through for anything green and found these tall cards. My shamrock embossing folder isn't long enough to cover the whole front, so my tip of the day here is to use 2 smaller pieces and then mask the separation with another strip (the diagonal in this case). I made a variety of sizes, but all matching the sketch.
The word Lucky was cut on my Silhouette several times (5 for each card) and then inked with distress ink in a rainbow of colors, then glued together in a staggered pattern, then covered with clear wink of stella glitter pen (completely inspired by Jen Mcguire's post here). I printed the sentiment "to have you as a friend" to adhere the lucky word to, and added different embellishments to each (some have twine, some have washi tape, etc).

Thanks for looking and may the luck of the Irish be with you today and everyday!

3 comments:

  1. it's even prettier and sparklier in real life! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Perfect card and I love that layering. We won't even mention the shamrock folder. You'll need to roll off a few of those for me by next March.

    ReplyDelete